At Hicks & Associates we have a deep knowledge base surrounding all aspects of transportation. Our experience in this area sets us apart from all other lobbying firms because of our unique understanding of how it all works at each level of government. Over the years, Hicks & Associates have been heavily involved with the industry including:
- Instrumental in the passage of the State Wide Electronic Portal Authority Act.
- Defeated legislation that would have closed access to motor vehicle records.
- Rewrote the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Motor Vehicle Repair Act.
- Instrumental in the passage of much of the commercial transportation legislation for the past 15 years
- Amended the Colorado Motor Vehicle Privacy Act to ensure that private and public employers could retain access to information for employment purposes.
- Achieved a reduction of motor vehicle registration fees for commercial vehicles, saving approximately $1.5 million in fees for the commercial trucking industry.
- Has lobbied for increase transportation funding for Colorado’s transportation system to include measures that were initiated in the 2008 session
- Has been a member of the Governor’s Panel for Transportation Funding that convened at the end of the 2008 session.
Energy has always been a key industry in the state of Colorado. Hicks & Associates have been involved with some significant energy policy that came through the state legislature. One of our most significant accomplishments was assisting to usher legislation that worked with local utility companies to ease some operational burden on routine maintenance for urban landscapes.